Saturday, January 5, 2013

Preparing for Winter Roundup

Papa and I prepare quite differently for our winter ranch roundup.  Over the past few days, Papa has bought extra hay for the horses, filled up the gas cans, and put new shoes on Oscar and Pablo.  I have made grocery lists, made cookie dough for the freezer, and spent this morning with Papa in the kitchen helping me cook.  Papa will help with the roundup while I prepare lunches for the cowboys on Monday - Wednesday of this coming week.  We hope it will be a safe and productive roundup!

My lunch menus:
Rigatoni Bolognese
Panzanella Salad
Hot Rolls with Honey
Lemon Bars

Barbecue Pork
Baked Beans
Smashed Potatoes
Carrot Salad with Raisins and Walnuts
Pecan Bars

Cowboy Chili
Cornbread with Cheddar and Chilies
Cooked Apples
Oatmeal Cookies and Peanut Butter Cookies