Thursday, January 31, 2013

Today at the Ranch

We are expecting guests at the ranch, February 27-March 11.  Claire and her family will be returning from Jordan in mid February, arriving in Arizona on February 23.  Audrey and her family are planning to come to the ranch the first weekend of March.  I'm trying to cook some things ahead and am freezing casseroles, muffins, cookie dough, and more.  Papa cooked two batches of meat this morning and I finished them off as supper nachos and party pizzas, which I packed in the freezer. 

Papa and I enjoyed a nice walk this afternoon, to the Buck Knob pasture and back.  The horses were at the Rock House corral and saw us walking, so they came up the road to meet us by the gate to our house.  They like to be in the middle of things. Papa walked back down to the corral with them later to feed and pump water.

For dinner, I made romaine, pear, walnut, and parmesan salad, and mini pizzas on English muffins - smeared with pesto, and layered with pepperoni, sliced grape tomatoes, mozzarella, and parmesan.  Papa and I had a good day.