Monday, April 30, 2012

Daily News

Every morning and every evening, I look at several different news sources online.  I try to keep abreast of news nearby and around the globe, particularly with Claire and her family living in the Middle East, and because of our stock portfolio, which includes both domestic and international companies.  My daily standards are:  www.nytimes.com, www.washingtonpost.com, www.wsj.com, www.bloomberg.com, www.politico.com, www.thehill.com, www.azcentral.com, www.azstarnet.com, www.cnn.com, and www.huffingtonpost.com.  I enjoy www.designmom.com at least once a week.  The author is a blogger with six young children, making lots of money blogging, so their family moved to France for a year.  I love reading about their adventures and her projects.  I look at www.pinterest.com when thinking about my own projects.  I read www.dailybeast.com a couple times a week for the latest news and pop culture.  When planning or thinking about a trip, I read reviews and forums about places, accomodations, and local travel at www.tripadvisor.com before making any travel reservations.  There is so much information out there!  Getting the news from a printed newspaper and nightly news seems like bare bones snippets as compared 
to the information available online.