Thursday, April 26, 2012

365 Grateful Project

I found this on Designmom.com: 
"A few years ago, I was feeling really down for no good reason.  I asked advice of a wise nun who told me the secret to happiness: reflection and gratitude. The nun asked me to write something down every day that I was grateful for.

“It really surprised me how quickly I began to notice things that I otherwise would have missed. I remember sitting on my bed one night and realizing that the little moments I was thinking through were really special and if I had not taken the time to notice them they would be lost forever.
It shocked me how much I had missed so I started to take the project seriously. I got a beautiful album and ordered enough polaroid film to see me through a year! (and lucky I did!) Taking one photo every day for a year of something I was grateful for really re-programmed my brain. I couldn’t believe how much gratitude affected my life. Seeing and celebrating the good in my life affected not only the way I felt spiritually and physically but it improved my relationships with others too."

What a challenge! Write something down every day that you are grateful for.

I am grateful for our grandchildren... Toby, Greta, Emerson, Colby, Lauren, Emily, Sarah.