Friday, September 18, 2009

Studio Hopping

Over the past two days, I've been studio hopping in Tucson with my sister-in-law, Mary.  I've seen some things that stretched my imagination and provided good ideas for when grandchildren come to visit.  We went to the Philbaum Gallery and went into the glassblowing studio to watch the artists at work.  They were in the process of making 120 vases votive candle holders for a restaurant.  They had an "assembly line" of hot glass.  Fascinating and beautiful!  See their work at http://www.philabaumglass.com/

We also went to the Santa Theresa Tile Works.  They had boxes and boxes of little tiny pieces of tile, all cut by hand and meant to be used in mosaics.  I will definitely go back for pieces to use with little ones in a trivet or picture.  Check out www.santatheresatileworks.com/