Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Handmade Gifts

Over the past few months, I have been sewing more than I've ever sewn in my life.  I have an ongoing need to be creative.  Today, I shopped for tassels and trims to go with fabric remnants I've had for years.  I'm going to make silk pillows for several people on my Christmas list.  Also on my list, bean bag chairs for Toby and other little ones, laptop sleeves, shoe bags, Christmas stockings, and Blurb books.  Lots to do!  

There are great ideas for projects in many places.  I save clippings from newspapers and magazines.  I "save to favorites" lots of blog sites and other websites, such as http://www.etsy.com/.   I travel as much as possible.  I take photos of things I like and jot notes constantly.  Giving and receiving a handmade gift is very special.