Sunday, August 26, 2012

Grapes

I have been cooking grapes all afternoon!  Grapes were on sale this past week, so I picked up green, red, and purple grapes, many pounds of them!  What to do with all those grapes?  We've been eating them raw but it became clear that we couldn't get through them before they start to rot.

This afternoon, I roasted grapes in a bit of balsamic vinegar, which will be terrific on my Insalata Rustica.  I simmered grapes in reisling wine for over an hour and then made creme brulee.  We are having guests for dinner tomorrow night, so creme brulee with simmered grapes spooned on top will be our dessert.  I am going to rinse more grapes, stem them, and throw them in the freezer in a ziplock bag for cool snacks.  My last grape concoction of the day was a grape and plum tart, with parmesan and sliced almonds sprinkled on top.  Our dinner!  I made a dent in the grapes today, but there are still more!  Grapes and more grapes!