Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Courbe'

After building and selling five houses rather quickly in 2006-2007, I purchased a 28 acre parcel, worked on plans, and started a new spec house in early 2008.  I named the house Courbe' because of the big curve in the roofline.  The house is two story, has 2356 square feet, with wood floors, three bedrooms, two and a half baths plus a half bath in the detached two car garage.  The house is energy efficient, has over 800 square feet of deck with views of several mountain ranges... My timing couldn't have been worse!  I had a quick offer that drug on for months before the "buyer" eventually admitted they didn't have the funds to close.  In the meantime, the economy got worse and worse and the politics of Arizona didn't help sell real estate in the southern part of the state, with Cochise County losing the highest percentage of its population of any county in the US.  So here I am in 2012, and Courbe is still for sale!  Papa and I spent a couple of hours there today and 
enjoyed a picnic on the front porch.