Saturday, January 14, 2017

The Big Sky of Winchester Ranch

After spending several days in Kentucky for Sonny's Memorial Service, its good to be back home on the ranch.  We arrived yesterday at noon.  I had a quick lunch and set off on a hike.  There were big clouds with sky peaking through.  Sun was hitting the mountains in small patches.  The views in every direction were magnificent! 

I left home in Kentucky when I was 18, to go to college in Florida.  I moved to Tucson just after college graduation in 1979, to go to work at Ernst and Ernst.  Papa and I married in January 2001.  Since then, Papa and I have lived in Dallas, Sarasota, and back to southern Arizona in 2003.  While in Kentucky this past week, I was reminded of a big part of the reason I left... better weather and a larger sense of place in Arizona.  I enjoy seeing the sky and seeing for miles in every direction.  Mountains are a bonus!  The sunsets are too.  Last night's sunset was breathtaking!