Sunday, September 6, 2015

Staying Busy

We spend six days a week without driving anywhere, except up and down the hill for Papa 
to feed the horses.  We rarely see anyone, except each other, and Colter 
when he passes the house to check water.  Still, we stay busy!

We have a trip to the UK planned this fall, so I've been researching the country, from B and B's and country inns to Roman times there.  I've made multiple calls and sent emails to invite speakers for our time with the kids at the Boys and Girls Club every Tuesday, plus I've spent hours looking for scholarships, summer programs, helped with resume writing, and more.  We are having a friend from my high school years visit in a few weeks, so I've been planning her visit, with meals and activities.  I've been making Christmas gifts for family and friends, mostly 12 Days of Christmas arts and crafts for the grandchildren, and books for many others, along with our Christmas card.  I exercise every day, hiking most days and riding my stationery bike, along with a bit of weight lifting.  Late in the afternoon, I make dinner for Papa and me, often trying new recipes.  Papa has his own chores and hobbies that get him up early and keep him out and about all day.  All good stuff and staying busy!