Monday, August 24, 2015

Child's Note

I was going through a box of files this morning and came across a card with a handwritten note from about 10 years ago.

"Mom,
 I thought I would write an old fashioned card (it is more fun).  I want to thank you for so many things you have provided for my entire life.  As I get older, the more I realize how much you did (and continue to do) to make our lives richer, better, easier, more enjoyable, and more full of love.  

You could not have done anything else better, you got it right on the first try with us.  I feel as if my life is almost completely a result of your guidance, help, and advice.  And I am so happy, I don't know how to show you how grateful I am.  You lead me, Whit, and Aud by example and I hope to continue to make you proud and live up to the amazing example you have set as a mother, wife, daughter, friend, and person.  I love you Mom.  :) 
Claire"

I couldn't be more proud of my children.