Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Ranch Camp Cleanup to Branding Preparation

Since Papa and I were married in 1981, we've had household help until we moved to the ranch.  Our ranch road is rough and we are so remote, that I have cleaned the house myself since 2003.  We have more to take care of at the ranch than we've had before.  Since our family left Ranch Camp on June 21, I've been cleaning up - washing 17 sets of sheets, windows, floors, bathrooms...  And yesterday, I turned the page to preparing for Branding Week, when our first guests arrive on July 13. 

We love having guests!  Preparation for their arrival has become the time when I plan activities, meals, and other details.  During the days of cleanup, I find myself smiling as I relive moments of the visit.  Over this past weekend, I put together a Ranch Camp slideshow set to music, and I've played it over and over as I've been busy preparing for Branding Week.  All good!