Friday, December 5, 2014

Company while Hiking Today

Colter came by midmorning, to ask Papa to go with him to check on boundary fence.  While they were out, I went on my daily hike.  I hiked down into the Buck Knob pasture.  Along the way, I felt as if I was being watched.  I looked up the hill, and a herd of deer was standing still, watching me.

I continued on my hike and turned around at the Buck Knob drinker.  Soon I heard voices, and Colter Lee and Traven appeared.  We hiked together, and they had foot races, back up the road toward home, until Colter came along to pick them up.  It was a treat for me!

As I got closer to home, a military helicopter was buzzing about.  It had done several circles and landings on Bald Ridge, then flew over our house before making a sharp turn toward the mountains.