Monday, June 23, 2014

Flat Tires

Flat tires seem to come in multiples.  Over the past three weeks, I've had four flat tires.  On Friday, Papa noticed my Hummer in the garage, had a flat.  He put on the spare tire, which meant I didn't have a good spare, to go to Tucson on Sunday afternoon.  We had guests for a late lunch, so I didn't leave the ranch until 6 p.m.  About nine miles from home, I had a flat tire, which meant I had two flat tires on the car!  I was in a dead cell phone area, so I walked over half a mile to get cell reception.  I called our nearest neighbor, and they drove to Carly and Colter's house to ask them to get Papa to come help me.  All of this took about two hours, and they arrived to help me at 8 p.m.  I drove Papa's truck to Tucson and he took care of the flat tires.  It was not one of my best days!  On the bright side, I was safe in my Hummer, with a magazine to read, and a beautiful sky as the sun went down.