Sunday, August 11, 2013

Off to Chicago

Papa and I left the ranch on Thursday morning.  We arrived in Tucson in time for lunch at Beyond Bread.  I had a doctor appointment and Papa had the oil changed in his truck.  We ran errands in the afternoon, had a simple dinner, and watched the movie Admissions, with Tina Fey (love her!).  On Friday morning, we hung new blinds in the living room of the Tucson house.  After lunch, I had my hair trimmed, we watched the movie, Mud, and went for dinner at Contigo, a new Latin restaurant. 

We got up by 4:20 a.m. on Saturday, and Papa drove me to the airport for a 6:45 a.m. flight to Chicago.  I hit the ground running at Chicago O'Hare, with Dan picking me up, and whisking me off to his and Audrey's new home in Wilmette.  The movers came today and brought all their furniture and stuff.  Audrey, Dan, and I spent the afternoon unpacking boxes.  We have lots more to go!  Lauren had fun running through the new house, singing, and enjoying her new home and yard.  Neighbors brought dinner for us.  It was a good day!