Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Happy!

After I graduated from high school in Kentucky, I went to college in Florida, then moved to Arizona for my first job.  Papa and I met and married in Arizona, and then lived in Texas for 10 years, and Florida for over 10 years before buying the ranch in Arizona.  Through the years, I was so focused on providing interesting experiences, the best education possible, and independent children with high self esteem, that I didn't give much thought to their future or ours.  I assumed it would sort itself out.

Papa and I are happy at the ranch and enjoy our home in Tucson.  Our girls have moved around a bit and will continue to move over the coming years as they or their spouses make decisions based on careers.  What I never counted on was the distance and the difficulty in seeing each other regularly.  As the airlines were deregulated, air travel connections are fewer.  We all have busy lives and our own schedules, so getting together isn't easy.  I am grateful for video chatting!