Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Nursery for New Baby

Claire and David are expecting a baby girl at any moment. A couple of months ago, I took my computer and web cam to the fabric store.  Claire and I "virtually" shopped for fabrics to coordinate with a rug they had already chosen for the nursery.  I made a crib quilt, dust ruffle, bumper pad cover, large floor pillows, pillow for the rocking chair, and drapes from the fabrics we chose.  Claire bought a calendar of old travel posters, which she took apart and framed.  They framed a large world map on a cork board and David cut out photos of family and friends and posted them on the various places around the world where the photos were taken.  More photos to follow as I'm flying to DC on Tuesday of next week for a few days with Claire, David, and baby Emerson.