Friday, August 21, 2009

Best Friend

Today, my best friend of 20+ years, along with one of her daughters, Lisa, visited Whitney in NYC and baby Toby.  My friend Linda, is like a sister.  We lived within a few blocks of each other in Dallas when our children started kindergarten together.  We would drop the kids at school and walk together every morning.  Our family moved to Sarasota four years later, but Linda and I have continued to talk to each other at least twice a week every week since 1992.  Her two daughters are the same ages as my three daughters, so they have gone through many of the stages of their lives at the same time... awkward puberty, teenage years, high school graduation, college, getting jobs, living on their own, on and on.  Linda and I are near the same age, so we have gone through many of life's changes at about the same time too.  I am grateful for this wonderful friendship!